Acting on own initiative the Vice President Procurement is responsible for leading the sourcing and supply function to minimize overall cost and ensure continuity of supply while improving supplier quality, supply chain innovation and service. This position is responsible to develop, maintain and manage the organizational structure necessary to formulate procurement strategies and implement programs that partner with company business leaders at all levels to inform budgets, business plans, processes and systems that support company goals and policies. This position will collaborate with multiple stakeholders including supply vendors for direct materials, indirect goods and professional services to support operations and growth. Accountable for acquiring materials and supplies in the most efficient, honest, fair, and competitive way
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work of other leaders including, directors and managers.
- Formulating and implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or their area of responsibility.
- Achieving the organization’s overall strategic goals and profitability requirements as determined by the strategic plans.
- Forming, staffing, guiding, leading, and managing an organization sufficient to accomplish the vice president’s responsibilities and job requirements.
- Overseeing the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans.
- Evaluating the success of the organization.
- Maintaining awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- Performing other responsibilities as assigned by the President/CEO or COO.
- Holding self and others responsible for the demonstrating the company culture through personal behavior and actions.
- Establish,monitor and evaluate short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures.
- Develop best-in-class procurement processes to efficiently deliver procurement services, build competitively advantaged knowledge bases, engage e-procurement solutions and reduce transactional support costs across the organization while ensuring transparency to costs and risks.
- Work directly with suppliers to build strategic partnerships and manage negotiations when necessary. Provide coaching and direction to Category Managers on strategic partner negotiations and relations.
- Oversee supplier strategy and guide the company on the best way to utilize our vendor resources for cost, operations efficiency, quality and continuity of supply.
- Institutionalize performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Institute an analytical culture in the Procurement team to consider all variables of supply e.g. prices, EOQ, discounts, terms, logistics, quality, innovation, risk and service.
- Collaborates with finance, supply chain, operations, IS and marketing to define overall purchasing strategy to optimize P2P process, system, tools and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals.
- Monitor and review procurement and contracting procedures through consultation with the legal and accounting teams. Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure price protocols and supplier development is implemented.
- Broadens the scope of the Procurement Team to include the purchasing of services and other areas identified via spend analytics.
- Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; shows consistency among principles, values, and behavior; builds trust with others through own authenticity and follows-through on commitments; drive results and success; conveys a sense of urgency.
- Ensure staff members are honest and objective and have no conflict of interest with vendors, and that they follow the Company’s procedures and government rules and regulations.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Provide leadership to lead CI/Lean transformation.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, finance, management or related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in managing Procurement or supply chain functions; demonstrating progressive increase in more impactful responsibilities
- Previous Procure to pay transformation and engagement experience with responsibility for delivery of organization, process, system and tools including financial savings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High level of budgeting and strategic planning experience, forecasting, pricing, and deal structures.
- Deep understanding of, and experience in the use of the procurement process and best practices including developing market/industry analysis, supplier analysis, total cost of ownership analysis, sourcing strategy and supplier strategy development.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organizational skills with strong management background.
- Ability to understand and apply buying intelligence to negotiating strategy; read and evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with rules and regulations inclusive of contract compliance.
- A passion for excellence, collaboration and teamwork orientation are paramount for success.
- Self-motivated with high energy for examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and business process improvement.
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must have experience in change management skills- influential and highly collaborative. Must be able to implement processes and decisions while maintaining relationships with customers in other functional groups.
- Possesses demonstrated strength of character and ability to excel in a challenging and changing environment during periods of rapid growth.
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles, procedures, and standards.
- Experience working with Supply Chain and accounting ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, etc.) and automated purchasing tools and strong skills in Microsoft Office suite tools.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Advanced ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
- Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals in compliance with business policies.
Certificates and Licenses
- Certifications in ISM, APICS or other.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZP
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.