The VP of Business Intelligence and Consumer Insights manages the Business Development Managers, Consumer Insights Manager and other staff, providing insights and analytics to the Senior Leadership Team. Supports National Sales, Exclusive Brands, V2 and Marketing management by interjecting market-based facts into decision making and driving fact-based marketing and selling. Through a variety of information resources, the VP of Business Intelligence and Consumer Insights leads a team to identify, articulate, and deliver trends and opportunities in wine sales and consumption, drawing logic conclusions regarding the overall market, segments, varietals, brands and items.
- Creates, communicates, and implements the organization’s vision, mission, and overall direction
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other leaders including assistant presidents, directors, and managers
- Formulates and implements the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or their area of responsibility
- Achieves the organization’s overall strategic goals and profitability requirements as determined by the strategic plans
- Forms, staffs, guides, leads, and manages an organization sufficient to accomplish the vice president’s responsibilities and job requirements
- Oversees the complete operation of an organization in accordance with the direction established in the strategic plans
- Evaluates the success of the organization
- Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the President or the CEO
- Holds self and others responsible for the demonstrating the company culture through personal behavior and actions
- Prepares and monitors department overhead budget
- Acts as key thought partner and analytical advisor to Senior Leadership Team including EVP of Sales, VP National Accounts, Territory Sales VPs, and VP Marketing by delivering monthly national and territory level reporting and analytics to identify market level trends, competitive trends, risk and opportunity factors as well as share changes.
- Manages tools and resources to deliver a fully integrated understanding of business performance within Nielsen/IRI markets and retailers on brand/SKU level activity, including sales, sales change, distribution, promotional activity and retail pricing for Delicato brands and key competitive benchmark brands.
- Provides guidance for customer and brand specific insights in sales presentations across the spectrum of category, segment and product performance; shelf positioning of items and brands, and consumer data and behaviors.
- Manages team of Business Development Managers and Category Analysts to drive overall corporate brand strategies and analytics into fact based presentations for retail and distributor customers.
- Leads and collaborates with Consumer Insights Manager to deliver consumer/demographic behavioral insights to marketing team to drive development of best in class marketing selling tools, consumer engagement and loyalty campaigns.
- Responsible for all non-Financial business reporting and coordination of Business Analysts, and collaboration with Finance team to facilitate flow of information to Senior Leadership Team and organization.
- Annual review of portfolio prioritization structured around key market trends and insights.
- Strategically advises on acquisition and use of syndicated information systems. Manages and negotiates contracts with third party data vendors; including but not limited to Nielsen, Spectra and IRI.
- Owns relationship with Syndicated Data partners along with managing any on-site account service team members, providing direction and coordination of project workflow.
- Coordinates work of Business Development Managers with the VP of National Accounts to best apply resources to maximize sales.
- Collaborate with IS to facilitate the flow and organization of all sales reporting, connect data resources and help develop new reporting technologies.
- Travels to and presents at company and customer meetings.
- Supports and advises on additions and enhancements to sales reporting.
- Represents the company at vendor and industry conferences as needed.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Market Research; MBA and/or a strong statistics background a plus.
10+ years of experience in a CPG company with Nielsen/IRI retail scan data and analysis; category management and shelf schematics program experience; and consumer panel and specific research, and retail channel data - developing and supporting sales presentations, marketing claims and brand performance. Experience managing direct reports of category managers and analysts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of retail sales channel and customers’ category management practices, and distributor category management teams and capabilities. Familiarity with wine industry consumer and channel data, and depletion reporting. Ability to understand distributor and retailer customer perspectives. Solid computer skills and an aptitude for data management are required; strength in MS Excel, and add-ins, OLAP, multi-dimensional tables, and MS PowerPoint, with ability to report, graph and present complex information. Analytical skills and proven problem solving ability. Excellent written, verbal and public speaking communication skills. Solid communication skills are needed to express complex ideas in simple terms.
Certificates and Licenses
Certified Strategic Advisor – Category Management Association preferred.
Marked temperature and humidity exposure
Drives automotive equipment
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.