The Trade Marketing Manager works within the national Brand Marketing team to proactively manage and develop plans and tools to meet the diverse needs across all channels of business. The Trade Marketing Manager works across channels and the portfolio to seek potential alignments and streamline systems, processes, etc. In addition, the manager will lead the implementation and communication of brand activation program objectives through both the internal sales team and the Distributor network. This role must influence and provide input to sales and brand marketing within Delicato and at the Distributor level and maintain a two way collaborative dialogue that emphasizes teamwork and getting results.
- Develops prioritized trade marketing performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined objectives to key sales and distributor stakeholders.
- Develops provide input and presents (major markets) key brand objectives, priorities and programs during sales distributor joint business planning meetings. Specifically overseeing regionalized communication and translation of national brand programs into aligned monthly execution priorities and provide Sales and Distributor Trade with information needed to successfully execute and communicate programs.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of key customer programs within the Strategic account universe, Independent Off Premise and On Premise acocunts and actively works with the corresponding Sales. Leads development customized solutions for growing the business with each key account.
- Monitors sales data and trends and has the ability to utilize data to build a story for Delicato brands within presentations.
- Presents and pitches relevant marketing programs with customers and supports meetings and follow up on the selected key trade initiatives. Attends relevant customer events.
- Collaborates with internal Marketing Services Team as well as the Creative Services Team in order to produce trade marketing program elements.
- Sources and secures external support for tastings and demos nationwide, reducing costs and generating a more standardized experience.
- Monitors adherence to spend within project budgets as set by Regional Sales, National Accounts, Brand and/or Trade budgets.
- Fosters a cohesive, professional and collaborative relationship with Brand, Digital &Trade Marketing, Regional Sales, National Accounts and Distributor Trade teams with prompt follow up on incoming requests.
- Leverages existing Brand Marketing strategic partnerships, as well as identifies regional strategic partnerships when needed, focused on driving unique regional programming for key accounts.
- Leads tactical execution of specific trade programs.
- Lead, facilitate and implement regional trade marketing conference call and publish consistent communications on new and ongoing programs as part of the Trade Marketing, National Accounts, Regional Sales and Distributor Trade team call. Leverage call to develop and coordinate a means to seek regular input from key stakeholders on promotional materials and platforms and overall communications.
- Particpate and provide relevant presentation materials for annual Division Sales Meeting, Global Sales Meeting, monthly Marketing Team Meetings and weekly Trade Marketing Team meetings.
- Collaborates with Category Managers to incorporate key fact based insights in sell sheets, decks and communication pieces, to deliver against account and brand objectives with creative and meaningful brand programs.
- Candidate must be able to work seamlessly across Sales, Distributor, Category Managers, Brand Managers, Trade Managers, etc.
- Trade Marketing Manager to build, manage completion and align key stakeholders on annual M&E plan for key strategic Trade Marketing programs.
- Assist other Marketing initiatives upon request
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related degree
- M.B.A. a plus
- Minimum 7 years experience in marketing and/or sales
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of chain, off and on-premise marketing strategies and tactics with specific priority on key business drivers.
- Must possess knowledge of the 3-tier system and customer needs.
- Experience working with and managing Distributor Trade Development Teams to drive results across national and regional priority programs.
- Established persuasive selling skills and proven track record in leading successfull negotiations and alignment across internal company functions as well as external distributor stakeholders.
- Proven experience with different types of brand building activities: point of sale items, events, programs and gaining retailer share of mind.
- Experience utilizing data from Nielsen and other sources.
- Experience developing presentations and presenting internally, at the distirbutor and in front of customers.
- Previous experience managing brands and developing national and customized marketing programs across all channels of business.
- Strong budget management, project management, analysis and reporting skills.
- Strong vendor relationships and ability to communicate and direct creative concepts.
- Experience and understanding of working with 3-tier wine distribution system.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a deadline-driven environment with high expectations and standards.
- Experience sourcing and managing external vendors and agencies.
- Wine industry experience strongly preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
Office environment with travel
Marked Temperature & Humidity Exposure
Drives Automotive Equipment
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.