Under general supervision, the Tasting Room Supervisor’s responsibilities include directly supervising Tasting Room staff as well as providing back-up assistance to the Hospitality & Retail Operations Administrator. The Tasting Room Supervisor is also accountable for administrative matters pertaining to Delicato’s Wine Clubs which includes delivering exceptional customer service, coordinating wine releases, creating newsletters, planning events, and processing transactions.
- Communicates and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Provides leadership and support; coaches, guides and develops staff servng as a positive role model for the staff at all times.
- Manages a positive Company culture in the Tasting Room; encourages strong work ethic; fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Handles customer and employee issues, concerns, complaints in an objective and confidential manner and reports all issues to the Director Hospitality & Retail
- Develops individual performance goals aligned with Company goals and communicates clearly defined objectives
- Supervises employee attendance to ensure compliance with company standards; monitors and approves employee overtime
- Monitors performance and provides feeback to direct reports through the company’s performance management processes; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Meets established goals for Wine Club wine sales and memberships
- Maintains accurate Club membership information using Wine Club software
- With input from Tasting Room Operations Coordinator, chooses and orders featured wines plus supplies
- Uses Wine Club and Compliance software to process Club transactions
- With input from Director Hospitality & Retail Sales, creates email and mail notifications to Club members
- Responds to Club-related communication and returned shipments in a timely manner
- With direction from Director Hospitality & Retail Sales, plans and implements Club events which includes food, staff, security, etc.
- Provides back-up assistance as Tasting Room attendant during lunches and under-staffed periods
- Uses social media networking tools to increase Club memberships and direct-to-consumer wine sales
- Uses Company purchase card for Tasting Room merchandise, event supplies, catering, etc. and submits expense report monthly
- Participates in developing Club benefits and long-term strategies
- Interacts with Compliance Department regarding changes to state shipping laws and DFV state permits
- As needed, enters new merchandise items into retail and compliance software systems; receives, prices, stocks and displays non-wine merchandise
- Assists Director Hospitality & Retail with preparation of department budget and controlling costs
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Certificates and Experience
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising a team in a retail, hospitality or similar environment
- Experience in a wine tasting environment a plus
- Responsible Beverage Service certificate required.
- Flexible schedule; available some evenings and weekends
- Must be 21 years of age in order to pour, serve, and taste wine
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and provide exceptional customer service to diverse groups
- Meets changing priorities in the workplace with flexibility and enthusiasm
- Solution-oriented and resourceful problem-solving skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic business math skills
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of wine, food and pairings
- Excellent writing skills, with strong sense of grammar; capable of creating business correspondence
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment to achieve department and Company goals
- Proficient in retail software and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel)
- Implement Club events, facilitate Club member requests and meet internal deadlines
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record for occasional business use
- Able to lift and move 40 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to set up and breakdown wine tastings and event spaces
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates and communicates a commitment to safety; promotes a safe work environment based upon established safety standards and training
- Follows Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.