The Tasting Room Attendant promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room, while educating customers on Delicato history, brands and varietals. This position is also responsible for building relationships with customers and takes the initiative to provide excellent customer service and exceptional hospitality.
- Provides customer service both in person and through phone conversation that exceeds expectations
- Greets customers and pours wines for tasting according to procedure
- Assists customers in wine selections and describes wines, winery history and provides general tourist information
- Handles routine POS transactions using Tasting Room software which includes operating the cash register, processing returns, discounts, employee purchases, etc.
- Handles UPS /FedEx wine shipping using Tasting Room software
- Meets established sales goals for wine and wine club memberships
- Assists customers to their vehicles with large purchases when necessary
- Stays current on winery/wine knowledge
- Cleans and stocks wine displays
- Assists with set up and break down for events in the Tuscan Room and Tasting Room
- As directed by Tasting Room Manager, orders and receives wine
- Assists customers with custom label orders and custom gift packages
- As directed by Tasting Room Manager, orders, receives and prices merchandise
- Assists with creating displays and arranging merchandise
- Prepares gift packs for sale in the Tasting Room
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience:
- Understanding of basic winemaking techniques/procedures
- Must be 21 years of age
- Flexible schedule / some nights and weekends required
- Six months experience in customer service and operating a cash register required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work with the public as well as fellow staff members
- Ability to effectively communicate with confidence in front of diverse client groups
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Meets changing priorities in the workplace with flexibility and enthusiasm
- Knowledge of best practices and procedures for CA Responsible Beverage Service
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong computer skills and data entry experience a plus
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Work and Excel
General office environment with occasional outdoor exposure to street parking and warehouse
Required to talk & listen.
May need to determine color, taste, and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose.
Operates keyboard & mouse.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.