This position is responsible for wine supply/demand analysis, reporting and recommendation to the COO and Operations leadership teams to support efficient sourcing of grapes and bulk wine to meet short and long term wine blends for the Case Goods and Custom Resource Group (CRG) businesses. Provides leadership in supply/demand planning analysis and strategy to optimize grape contract layering, bulk wine requirements, forecast market/target supply costs as well as macro bulk wine inventory planning to ensure continuity of supply for Cased goods and CRG.
- Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
- Provides leadership and personal support; leads by example
- Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Provides input and assists with the monitoring of the department budget
- Develops recommended courses of action to meet department/company objectives; conducts studies to determine feasibility of sourcing as well as cost and wine quality implications for various sourcing strategies.
- Ensures team is equipped with the tools and information to perform their jobs consistent with departmental standards of operation
- Develops, writes, and publishes processes and procedures to ensure consistent practices throughout Supply/Demand; ensures materials and documents are up-to-date and easy to access while maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
- Collaborates with peers to connect processes and ensure efficient workflow to avoid redundancy and/or disconnects; prevents individuals from working in a vacuum.
- Provides integration and leadership with cased goods and CRG business demand forecasting process inclusive of new product, alternative wine sourcing and anticipated new business
- Leads CRG monthly forecasting process and DV system updating.
- Works with Marketing, Grower Relations, Supply Chain and Winemaking when planning future sourcing for line extensions and new products as well as supports bottling vintage/appellation transitions.
- Tracks, recommends & communicates actions for balancing existing bulk wine inventory and inventory balancing by location. Supports winemaking with operating/ideal recipes and inventory BOM’s.
- Creates continuous improvement of supply/demand management models
- Applies analytic methods, modelling or tools to understand, predict or control supply/demand decisions
- Compiles and validates monthly wine program worksheet as well as SAGE data for the reporting and analysis to support both cased goods and CRG demand requirements.
- Develops and maintains tracking of recommendations, decisions and strategy supporting wine production, allocation, and reservations from the S&OP process
- Provided input to the S/D S&OP and the Executive S&OP process and presentation.
- Provides ad hoc analysis to support supply chain, winemaking, grower relations and finance/accounting.
- Provides historical trends and modelling of supply/demand requirements.
- Makes recommendations and facilitates supply/demand review with Winemaking, Finance, Grower Relations, Custom Resource Group and COO to address surplus/gap requirements.
- Provides cross-over projections for winemaking, production, supply chain and marketing
- Supports S&OP facilitation
- Creates & delivers a monthly performance metrics dashboard
- Supports analysis of vineyard performance during harvest to determine if vineyard yields are meeting supply/demand requirements
- Project leadership, implementation or special projects as assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Five or more years direct or related experience in a supply chain, wine planning or operations analysis role.
- Experience working in a CI/Lean environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have exceptional communication skills. Demonstrated leadership skills, business savvy and proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to influence cross-functional change and create / build relationships
- Possess extensive knowledge of supply chain or operations analytics and a proven record of process improvement inclusive of modeling techniques in a growth organization. Wine industry experience is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft, ERP (SAP ECC) and legacy data base for analyzing large data file.
- Ability to balance multiple projects & processes simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience dealing cross-functionally with multiple functions across the organization and supply chain.
- Has high level of integrity and interpersonal communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Recognition of value and accuracy needs of reports generated for key business decision to be made.
- Ability to travel between the Napa and Manteca office as required and occasional Monterrey visits.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.