Under minimal supervision, the State Compliance Analyst is responsible for the oversight of State Licensing, Monthly Reporting and Data Governance within the State Compliance team in order to achieve company goals and objectives. The State Compliance Analyst requires an extensive understanding of each state’s regulations as it pertains to industry compliance. The State Compliance Analyst will also participate in cross-functional initiatives with the CBRM, including partnering with client groups to provide support, coordination, and project assistance with all regulatory issues, to identify and mitigate risks as well as recommend and implement cost effective solutions. In addition, the State Compliance Analyst will help ensure processes and procedures for each area of focus meet regulatory requirements providing direction and assistance in the development of actual workflows where needed.
- Manage State Compliance data across various applications and databases including SAP, Ship Compliant, Vin Trace, RMS and SharePoint platforms to ensure accuracy and quality of state regulatory data. This includes managing the Customer Master within SAP as well.
- Ensure controls are in place within applications to ensure data integrity by performing data integrity gap analysis
- Analyze and generate states’ shipping reports, audit report details between SAP, ShipCompliant, and VinSuite to ensure accurate state reporting, and submission to state; problem resolution may arise as discrepancies are identified
- Analyze and generate monthly DTC reports, audit report details between SAP, ShipCompliant, and RMS to ensure accurate state reporting and submission to state; problem resolution may arise as discrepancies are identified
- Evaluate individual state requirements for state and salesman business licenses across the continental US and maintain such licenses to ensure continuance of business operations
- Collaborate with State Compliance Management to obtain a thorough understanding of upcoming product launches and determine appropriate action required to ensure timely distribution of product
- Audit and research sample order holds and assists in resolving regulatory issues to ensure accuracy and legality of shipments for assigned states, identify root causes to problems, propose potential solutions, and follow through on corrections; coordinates with Customer Service and Marketing as necessary
- Track metrics and assist the Director in performing KPI analysis against pricing and registration targets to measure department progress
- Provide support to the CBRM in working cross-functionally with Sales, Accounting, and the Tasting Room teams by monitoring regulatory licensing matters, issues and/or changes in regulations and offers recommendations on how programs should run to meet regulatory requirements
- Preserve State Compliance documents in accordance with Company and regulatory record retention policies
- Assist in the development of state compliance procedures
- Under the direction of the Director of Business Services – State Compliance, work cross-functionally with all State Compliance business partners (including but not limited to Finance, Customer Service, Sales, Accounting, Tasting Room, and Business Services) to support the Company on Compliance requests and state-related issues
- Prepare and compile other compliance analytics and ad hoc projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting, economics, or other comparable focus or a minimum of 3 years of similar industry experience; winery experience preferred.
- Experience as an analyst or in the internal audit profession a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented with high level of accuracy. Works effectively with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Project Management experience; including the ability to take initiative and self-motivate on projects.
- Practices and encourages open communication and problem solving skills which cultivate a high level of team interaction.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with a strong sense of grammar; must be a strong listener as well.
- Practices good judgment and possesses the ability to execute tasks in accordance with communicated state regulations.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Professional and pleasant disposition; able to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions.
- Effective team player; maintains a positive and motivating attitude.
- Creative, energetic, highly organized, and takes initiative.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.