Acting on own initiative, the Sr. Compensation Analyst administers the compensation function company-wide. Develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to be responsive to the company's goals and objectives. Conducts research and analysis on internal and external compensation factors such as job levels, salary structures, pay equity, market conditions, executive compensation packages, and variable pay as well as trends. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the job leveling framework and pay practices.
- Plans, designs, implements, and maintains consistent company-wide compensation programs to ensure compliance with Delicato’s Guiding Principles*:
- Administers direct compensation programs such as: Base Pay, Merit, Pay-For-Performance, Discretionary Bonus, Long-Term Incentive, Deferred Compensation and other related company programs, and ensures alignment with culture, strategy, and operational imperatives
- Manages records and monitors compliance with all relevant laws and regulations; protects confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Conducts job analysis and partners with HRBPs and management to determine appropriate job leveling, pricing, FLSA status, pay equity, employee’s position in range (PIR), etc.
- Creates and/or provide input on job descriptions and position titles that are consistent with job level and exemption status, research information, and internal input/comparison
- Reviews and approves job offers, salary increases, and related changes; advises management on pay decisions
- Analyzes company compensation policies in relation to similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure equity
- Develops tools, resources, and training for HRBPs and management to increase the organization’s understanding and ability to effectively and efficiently manage compensation
- Participates in salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved
- Collaborates with HR senior leaders to drive the annual performance and compensation cycle including creating/publishing a timeline, developing procedures, documenting and communicating compensation decisions, and presenting results/recommendations to the Compensation Committee for approval
- Conducts ad-hoc research and modeling in support of project assignments including presentation of findings and recommendations to various groups including: HR Leadership Team, HR Business Partners, Compensation Committee, and/or the Board of Directors
- Manages and performs the role of administrator for all systems associated with compensation and provides appropriate training to end-users:
- Collaborates with the HR Operations, Information Solutions (IS), and vendors to develop and maintain reports and optimize system capabilities to support compensation initiatives; builds and manages a strong working relationship with internal teams and vendors
- Ensures data quality and integrity in all related HR owned databases, systems, and interfaces in areas of responsibility; initiates and performs audits to test data, troubleshoots issues, resolves problems, and makes revisions as necessary
- Ensures that compensation related system policies and procedures are accurate, updated, and stored in appropriate applications and systems
- Manages Position Control; approval workflow, FTE verification, position numbering, etc.
- Inputs, updates, and revises salary structures, job levels, bonus programs, and/or changes pertaining to new hires, organizational structure, pay, position, etc. within applicable HR systems
Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related area (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in compensation
- Formal and on-the-job training in compensation, CCP preferred
- Experience with administering compensation programs and creating or administering formal compensation structures
- Experience working with job evaluation and job analysis systems and internal/external market survey data; Korn Ferry Hay Group methodology preferred
- Proven experience with HCM systems; SAP/SuccessFactors preferred
- Proven understanding of general HR concepts, processes and data, including rules and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage confidential, sensitive information
- Advanced to expert level MS Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills
- High level of mathematical aptitude
- Good understanding of functional groups that impact or are impacted by HR systems and processes (i.e. compensation, payroll, and benefits).
- Customer focused and consultative style of addressing issues and solutions.
- Excellent at prioritizing multiple tasks, managing conflicting deadlines and working effectively in a dynamic environment; understands when to escalate issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all job levels and convey information in legible reports to human resources and executive groups.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create effective job descriptions.
- Actively pursues opportunities for learning and self-development, 'continuous improvement' for self and role responsibilities (e.g. process improvement).
- Ability to gain commitment from others and effectively manage expectations and competing priorities.
- Equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively in a team.
- Researches and stays current on trends that relate to compensation and related systems and technology
Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.