Under minimal supervision, the Senior Financial Analyst leads the financial engagement of the International Sales division and conducts research and analysis in support of corporate strategy and development. Working directly with the EVP Strategy and Business Development, conducts research and analysis in support of corporate strategy, including merger and acquisition project analysis, and coordinates management reporting and analysis for the V2 business. Working directly with the Vice President & General Manager International, supports the International team on a day-to-day basis, including management of the strategic and annual planning cycle, coordination of the monthly accounting close, distribution of monthly financial reports and analysis, and facilitation of periodic business reviews with the international sales team.
- Working closely with the EVP Strategy and Business Development, analyzes M&A and joint venture business opportunities, including vineyards, facilities, brands and business operations
- Conducts competitive and category analysis to identify and prioritize acquisition targets and brand development opportunities
- Facilitates management reporting and analysis between Delicato and the V2 business unit, including P&L and balance sheet key performance indicators and operating metrics such as shipments, depletions, distribution, and pricing variances; monitors performance and analyzes variances
- Coordinates the annual Planning cycle for V2, including development of the annual and strategic plans
- Working closely with the Vice President & General Manager International, manages the annual and strategic planning process for International Sales; creates and maintains planning models, including sales volume, pricing, revenue, COGS, expenses and margins; manages LE process as necessary
- Leads the month-end close and selling expense accrual process for International, requiring monthly collaboration with sales management, sales finance, and accounting; applies specific focus to factors unique to International sales operations, including foreign exchange impacts, overseas production activities, and tax and compensation arrangements
- Prepares business reporting and reviews monthly business results with sales managers, including financial statements, sales trends and expense accruals; highlights key issues, helps identify risks and opportunities, and helps develop and evaluate potential mitigating actions
- Reviews International pricing and margins in alignment with guidelines, local market considerations, and company objectives; analyzes new product development proposals for International markets, including pricing, currency, promotion, margin and contribution estimates
- Helps develop sales managers’ financial acumen, including pricing, margins, and sound business management; ensures sales managers understand business results and potential risks and opportunities; reinforces key concepts of the company’s strategy
- Supports additional Sales Finance department projects and initiatives beyond International sales as directed, including month-end close and ad hoc projects and workflow as needed
- Maintains relationships and acts as a financial partner with the Vice President & General Manager International and the Regional Sales Managers
- Maintains key relationships within the Sales Finance function and with various other functional management teams to ensure quality deliverables and information flow, including Accounting, Production Finance, and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Communicates pro-actively and efficiently; helps identify key issues and explain core business results
- Participates in departmental meetings and management presentations
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting; MBA a plus
- Minimum of four years’ experience in accounting or financial analysis, including prior experience in wine or beverage alcohol business
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Familiarity with sales and marketing product and programs. Strong understanding of finance and accounting. Expert computer skills are required, with ability to manage, report and analyze multi-dimensional data and complex information. Must exhibit excellent communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
Certificates and Licenses
- Must be able to travel to attend sales meeting and market visits as needed.
- Drives automotive equipment
- Exposed to dust, fumes, and gases
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.