Acting on own initiative, the Senior Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products; incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Marketing, Sales, and Finance. Actively participates in the dialogue each month for their respective customers in Marketing and Sales.
- Executes all activities in SAP ECC related to demand forecasting
- Utilizes a collaborative and consensus approach to the demand forecast by working with Marketing, Sales, and Finance to develop forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation
- Reviews historical sales trends, researches demand drives, prepares forecast data, and evaluates forecast results
- Coordinates cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refines the forecast model to reflect updated marketing and sales assumptions
- Closely coordinates and communicates customer action plans with Production Planning and other parts of the Supply Chain
- Actively participates in the creative resolution of cased goods supply issues within the production planning and inventory processes to prevent/minimize issues with service
- Gathers, analyzes, and validates data to summarize accuracy, gaps, or recommendations to management
- Achieves consensus for demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with Marketing and Sales, prepares relevant material to facilitate discussion, and provides input to demand forecast
- Monitors trends in forecast error, forecast bias, and shipments to implement action plans to improve the accuracy and drive business results
- Utilizes Lean thinking and problem solving to drive the entire forecast process
- Enters and modifies data and ensures the correctness of product hierarchy in the demand planning SAP ECC tool
- Determines root cause of forecast variances and service failures, communicates results; able to explain forecast performance measures and results on request
- Prepares and maintains relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
- Develops process and algorithms to integrate distributor inventory and depletions and to demand plan
- Improves demand plans for end to end integration of grape supplies to case goods
- Participates in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Business, Finance, Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- 3+ years direct experience in demand planning; or combination of the following functions: supply chain, planning, sourcing and supply, and/or manufacturing
- SAP ECC experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have good communication skills, interpersonal skills and proven problem-solving ability.
- Must possess knowledge of supply chain activities. Must be self-motivated with strong analytical skills and high energy for business process improvements.
Certificates and Licenses
- CPF or ACPF certification preferred
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.