Under general supervision, the Sample Processor/Tank Inspector serves to two roles. Their first priority is to the sampling department. In the sampling department this position collects wine samples and distributes them appropriately. Their second priority is Tank Inspection. This involves evaluating and reporting the overall quality and temperature of the wine surface at the top of each tank weekly. This position also treats the wine surface as recommended by winemaking and as specified by the standard operating procedure to maintain high wine quality.
- Accurately pulls samples from tanks using zone samplers, valves, etc.
- Responsible for accurately shipping wine samples offsite
- Filters wine samples as needed
- Monitors inventory of sampling/shipping supplies
- Visually inspects the wine surface and tank top surroundings of each tank storing wine
- Treats films that develop on the wine surface with either liquid SO2, CO2 or Potassium Metabisulfite
- Notes any obvious off-aromas when inspecting wine surface
- Maintains cleanliness within the sampling department and cleanliness of all equipment used in the inspection and treatment process
- Generates daily reports as necessary
- Maintain a strong customer service relationship with our internal customers.
- Performs dissolved oxygen measurement as requested.
- Communicates any issues with ullage accuracy.
- Submits maintenance requests as necessary.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience: One year general winery experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong organization skills, reading, writing and communication skills. Works well independently and in a team environment. Must be able to work rapidly and accurately, performing multiple tasks simultaneously. Thrives well under pressure and in an exciting environment. Proficient in desktop applications (Microsoft Office preferred). Knowledge of Winemaking and Cellar is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
A majority of time is spent out doors in the elements. Working conditions may exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit in summer and can go below 40 degrees Fahrenheit during winter.
Marked Temperature & Humidity Exposure
Drives Automotive Equipment
Exposed to Dust, Fumes and Gases
Close Quarters or Confined Spaces
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.