Under general supervision the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment in accordance with proper safety procedures and industry best practices. The Maintenance technician provides critical support of production schedules ensuring that customer delivery commitments are met.
Equivalent with the knowledge skills and abilities set forth below; the Maintenance tech is required to perform the following duties.
- Communicates and supports company policies and decisions in a positive manner, maintains open communications with managers and first line leaders
- Performs technician duties including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting to detect faulty operations, offers technical solutions to operations management, records work activities, parts or materials used, and orders or requisitions new parts/materials as necessary within certain limits
- Installs and maintains production equipment and facility equipment using good judgment and problem solving skills to diagnose problems, determine best method to correct them and is responsible for repairing equipment correctly the first time, makes recommendations for facility, equipment, and process improvements
- Performs and communicates with affected operations of scheduled preventive maintenance, service on equipment and plant facilities, including all active and reactive work request throughout the day, replacing or repairing parts, testing, making adjustments, and verifying results
- Participate in, search for and execute against continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives within and beyond the maintenance function by measuring activities, entering data and ensuring the accuracy of the data
- May be expected to utilize and input data in several types of software platforms including Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Support, advise, and monitor total predictive maintenance (TPM) tasks performed by machine operators
- Under direction from supervisor, may train operators on adjustments or proper standard operating procedures specific for specialty equipment
- Support and participate in Environmental Health & Safety initiatives in the facility, including but not limited to, Air Permitting, Storm Water Compliance, HAZMAT, Waste Water Compliance, Roof Maintenance, DOT Inspections, compressed air management, fire & safety system inspections, contractor training, employee training, electrical and hot work
- Inspects vehicles, equipment, buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet
- Perform preventive and breakdown maintenance on material handling equipment such as liquid propane and battery powered lift trucks, pallet jacks, and lifts
- Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; winery experience is preferred.
- Requires intermediate set of tools to perform service and repair functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers and software platforms; CMMS, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Skills to perform the basic mathematical computational skills required of a technician
- Ability to determine specifications associated with equipment parts, installation, repair and replacement
- Ability to specify and install bearings, belts, chains, gears, coupling, drives, and select and apply gaskets, seals, sealants, lubrications and oils
- Skills to read and interpret technical equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Ability to diagnose problems and determine best method to correct them balancing; cost, timeliness, and quality
- Knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment to perform duties
- Ability to read, interpret and understand mechanical blue prints and electrical, PI&D, hydraulic, pneumatic, instrumentation and control logic schematics, using both US and foreign industrial symbology standards
- Solid understanding of electrical and circuit theory and characteristics including 3-phase power and AC & DC motors, controls and circuits
- Ability to in one or more welding processes such as Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) or Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Knowledge to apply the theory in Thermodynamics required to understand and troubleshoot all high temp refrigeration systems including recirculation pump packages
- Practical knowledge in NH3 safety-Follow all industry standards for safe operation using company SOP’s.
Certificates and Licenses
- An AA/AS degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus
- Acceptable driving history with valid Driver’s License
- RETA Training book 1 and 2 or Certified
- Certified Welder a plus
Constant exposure to the elements and temperature variation working both indoors, outdoors and at heights up to 45 feet
Some work areas require ear and eye protection
Exposure to standard maintenance material including batteries, lubricating fluids, paints, solvents, etc.
This position is on a rotating shift schedule
Overtime as needed to support business needs
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.