As a General Winery Technician you will be expected to complete the duties inclusive of General Line Technicians and General Cellar Technicians. You will be expected to rotate between the Bottling and Cellar departments in a general level capacity year-round based on the support necessary to meet the needs of the business. Advance notice will be given on the transfer between departments, a minimum of two weeks prior to transfer. This positions will have a potential end date of December 1st, 2019 You will have the opportunity to apply to Line Technician and Cellar Technician roles during this time. If you are not selected for one of those roles by the date listed your employment could be terminated after the 2019 Harvest.
- Places cases of glass bottles (empty or filled) onto the dump table or un-caser
- Hand cases various bottle sizes of wine at the current line speeds throughout the shift
- Dumps reclaim during wine changes as directed by the Team Lead or Team Supervisor
- Hand stacks cases of wine onto pallet and keeps up with the speed of the line throughout the shift
- Performs product rework (bottles, cases, etc.) to company specifications
- Performs duties on the Bag in Box (BIB) lines under the direction of the Team Lead or Team Supervisor
- Hand cases cartons of wine at the current line speeds throughout the shift
- Safely transports BIB cases on pallets utilizing a pallet jack to a shrink wrapper and then to a pick-up location throughout the shift
- Constructs basic pump and hose transfer lines for movement of liquid products to and from tanks and tanker trucks, adhering to procedures outlined in General Standard Operational Procedures (modules)
- Ensures critical steps are followed for wine receiving and shipment of domestic and international loads that maintain quality and customer demands
- Executes cleaning and sanitation steps to wine tanks, transfer lines and winery equipment
- Performs critical winemaking steps during harvest to rack clean juice to fermenters and expedite yeast inoculations and nutrient additions
- Diligently follows safety, GMP, and ISO procedures and policies to safeguard personal and team member’s safety, wine quality and company property
- Uses downtime productively by working on assigned projects, clean-up or assisting other team members
- Assists and supports other departments as needed and may be provisionally reassigned to other departments based on business needs
- Performs other general tasks commensurate with skill level, as assigned by department leads and/or supervisors
- May operate high reach equipment strictly adhering to safety practices
- Assists skilled technicians as necessary
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED-equivilent; 1+ year experience and/or familiarity with production line principles and/or winery cellar operations is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of proper lifting technique, safety principles and (General Manufacturing Practices - GMP) is a plus;
- Basic math skills and ability to multitask
- Adheres to all quality control specifications
- Follows the Delicato Operation Excellence (DOE) culture
- Communicates business information in a professional and clear manner
- Monitors multiple assignments simultaneously
- Takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional and organized manner
- Supports site lean initiatives by actively participating in 5S initiatives
- May need to determine color, taste, and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid CA drivers license
BOTTLING - High percentage of time spent on the production floor exposed to varying levels of equipment noise and temperature fluctuation based on the seasons.
CELLAR - Work at protected heights of 45’, perform work inside a confined space (tanks), indoors and outdoors with marked temperature and humidity changes, exposed to dust, fumes, gases and noisy equipment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.