Under general supervision, the Barrel Room Technician efficiently performs barrel room and cellar wine processing duties, operates general and complex winery equipment, trains less skilled employees, keeps accurate records and ensures work procedures are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Diligently follows safety, GMP, and ISO procedures and policies to safeguard personal and team member’s safety, wine quality and company property
- Performs set-up and movement to and from barrels and tanks, performs ingredient additions to barrels, maintains a high degree of barrel and equipment sanitation
- Operates high capacity electric forklifts to safely and efficiently move and high stack four-barrel racks
- Ensures a high standard of inventory using scanners to keep accurate records of all wine movements
- Efficiently monitors multiple assignments simultaneously
- Takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional and organized manner
- Uses downtime productively by working on assigned projects, clean-up or assisting other team members
- Supports site lean initiatives by actively participating in 5S initiatives
- Provides training to less experience employees on areas of expertise
- Assists in cellar as needed performing general or skilled duties depending on job knowledge and experience, may perform simple cellar tasks, such as but not limited to lees and oak removal inside confined spaces (tanks).
- Assists other departments as needed and may be provisionally reassigned to other departments based on business needs
- May operate high reach equipment for the purpose of cleaning tanks, pipes and other winery facilities strictly adhering to safety practice
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year winery experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills, strong ability to multitask
- Good basic forklift skills are necessary, high stacking experience a plus, if no high stacking experience then candidate must be open to and willing to learn this skill
Certificates and Licenses
CA driver’s license
- Work at protected heights of 45’, indoors and outdoors with marked temperature and humidity changes, exposed to dust, fumes, gases and noisy equipment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and possible rotating shifts.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.