Under minimal supervision, provides a high level of complex analytical and technical analysis in the auditing and analyzing of all labels and case goods inventories, identifying & evaluating discrepancies. Collaborates with Marketing, the NPD (New Product Development) Team and Winemaking during the label design phase and makes recommendations to ensure final labels are regulatory compliant. Audits all case goods inventory item numbers in SAP (Systems Applications Products) ensuring the database infrastructure accurately supports Federal TTB regulations and financial reporting. Responsible for ensuring the integrity of internal processes which maintain accuracy of federal compliance records for all DFV bonded premises. Work is generally of a critical nature, requiring a broad knowledge of federal industry compliance requirements.
- Provides direction and feedback to Marketing and NPD teams on label design as it relates to regulatory requirements including allowable label verbiage and revisions
- Ensures all final proofs submitted by Supply Chain adhere to existing approved COLA (Certificate of Label Approval) applications or International regulations
- Works with Winemaking to validate bulk lot attributes and audits potential labels to ensure all claims are supported as mandated by TTB Regulations
- Maintains regulatory integrity of the SAP case goods Inventory for all DFV bonded premises by:
- Auditing all inventory stock transactions, determining information is accurately recorded. Where there are discrepancies, position is responsible for reversal and subsequent correcting entries working in conjunction with the Compliance Business Relationship Manager
- Auditing all case goods bottling work orders for accuracy, identifying discrepancies and working with the Bottling Scheduling Manager. Where there are discrepancies, position is responsible for reversal and subsequent correcting entries
- Maintaining Federal computer inventory transaction detail records in support of the monthly Federal Bonded Winery Operations Report
- Working with the Distribution, Winemaking, QC, TR, and Supply/Demand teams, reconciles monthly decant, employee wine sale programs, and bonded wine TTB destructions
- Reconciling all bailment depletions, case goods inventory transactions, and month end inventories
- Working in conjunction with the Compliance Business Relationship Manager, and Business Services Director-State Operations, documents inventory SOP (Standard of Operating Procedures) processes and procedures which support TTB regulatory requirements
- Working concurrently with the Business Services Director-State Operations, Compliance Business Relationship Manager, Distribution Manager, Supply Chain, and Accounting to complete the Federal TTB/Financial Year End Case Goods Physical Inventory for all DFV bonded premises and Bailment warehouses through reconciliation. This also includes DFV owned inventory at non-owned facilities as well as packaging materials.
- Assists the Business Services Director-State Operations with research and discrepancy resolution in support of the Corporate Month to Date Activity report
- Analyzes and maintains mandatory regulatory Batch Classification and Case Label data in SAP in support of daily bottling production
- Audits all case good material master additions/changes within SAP to ensure the database infrastructure accurately supports Federal TTB regulation requirements as well as financial reporting requirements
- Administers and maintains the integrity of the UPC/SCC Matrix
- Practices and encourages open communication and problem solving skills which cultivate a high level of team interaction
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field desired or a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in Federal Compliance, auditing and/or inventory; preferably within the wine industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in desktop applications: MS office(Excel, Word) preferred and experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong analytical skills. Works effectively with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, and presentation. Effective writer with strong sense of grammar.
- Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong customer service orientation. Highly professional and pleasant disposition. Able to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions. Strong listener.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to prioritize and quickly access what needs to be done. Effective multitasker.
- Effective team player. Maintains a motivating and positive attitude.
- Creative, energetic, and self-starter.
- Office/cubical desks within a Campus environment, requiring walking between buildings and to and from the campus to the winery.
- Drives automotve equipment
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.