Manages and directs distribution warehouse operations and assigned staff. Ensures that the Distribution Center operations attains or exceeds established standards, staffing, productivity/performance goals, budgeting, unit costs objectives, new product development, implementation of timelines, and inventory targets. Acts as a resource consultant with supply chain counterparts at all Delicato facilities for the purpose of standardizing Delicato’s distribution and warehouse operations.
- Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; leads by example
- Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
- Trains employees to do their job; sets standards for work performance
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal and informal performance feedback; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of subordinates
- Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with Company standards; approve/monitor overtime
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Develops staffing needs, selects new employees, makes recommendations in job evaluation and compensation, recommends termination actions
- Conducts team meetings with department employees; includes monthly safety topic, ISO, DOE and other applicable training
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Prepares and monitors department budget
- Develop motivated, high performing team, aligned with company culture and objectives, capable of problem solving, continuous improvement, and thorough adherence to procedures
- Set and monitor work standard (job) performance and provide coaching and feedback via GPS (Goals, Performance, Success) requirements in order to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Coach, train, and provide leadership and personal support, nurture and develop staff by “walk the talk”
- Clearly communicate defined individual and team objectives; maintain and exceed level of productivity
- Support, plan and/or organize meetings with department employees to include adherence to monthly safety topics and ISO
- Ensures a high level of inventory record accuracy at all times
- Participates with Year-End inventory cycle counts and ensures staff is available to support during counts
- Efficiently coordinate, staff and prioritize the sales order cycle
- Implement health and safety standards while motivating and training staff
- Works closely with Customer Service, Compliance, Quality, Accounting and other departments
- Manage, motivate, and direct Distribution staff to meet or exceed established costs, quality, service, and productivity goals
- Supports department with personnel coverage and or job function duties
- Manage department planning, costs and budgeting, training, continuous improvement, quality measurements
- Ensures staff has the necessary tools to run the business requirements
- Effectively communicate volume changes to staff to ensure smooth operations
- Ensures the compliance of the warehouse with environmental, health and safety regulations
- Acts as an expert resource for distribution and warehouse
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
BS degree in Business, Operations, Engineering, Food Science or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Requires in depth experience in warehouse, distribution, logistics and packaging. Requires demonstrated effective leadership in a team environment, a high level of self-initiative, effective communication skills and a thorough understanding of process management and continuous improvement. Experience in high velocity, high mix distribution environment is desired.
Certificates and Licenses
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.