The Director of National Accounts – On Premise will lead, develop, and direct the On-Premise National Account Managers to meet and exceed business plans and performance objectives. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of strategic account on-premise sales strategies and initiatives with a goal of establishing Delicato Family Vineyards as a preferred supplier for not only our accounts but also our distributor network. Additional influence and contribution to the overall commercial strategy for On Premise and E-Retail for the company is also expected.
- Understands, communicates, and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support
- Provides leadership and personal support; coaches, guides, nurtures and develops the right people; leads by example
- Drives Company focus, manages culture, encourages strong work ethic, and fosters an environment of trust and respect
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives; maintains level of productivity in unit
- Communicates and manages National Distributor Channel Divisions to drive performance against Company goals and objectives.
- Trains employees to do their job; sets standards for work performance
- Monitors performance and provides feedback to direct reports through formal and informal performance feedback; regularly communicates with staff to achieve mutual understanding and desired results
- Recognizes and addresses performance strengths and limitations of subordinates
- Manages employee attendance to ensure compliance with Company standards; approve/monitor overtime
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner
- Develops staffing needs, selects new employees, makes recommendations in job evaluation and compensation, recommends termination actions
- Conducts team meetings with department employees; includes monthly safety topic, ISO, DOE and other applicable training
- Handles employee issues, concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential manner
- Provides employees with a safe, comfortable, and rewarding work environment
- Prepares and monitors department budget
- Develops long-term working relationships with a defined set of on-premise wine buyers and key distributors that influence placements and programming in the national account on-premise channel
- Develops and implements strategies that help drive incremental placements and programming on priority brands through use of trade marketing insights
- Manages, allocates, and oversees trade spending to fall within allocated budgets and to ensure a proper return on investment on all investment decisions
- Communicates business issues and opportunities to regional sales teams, including programming wins and losses as well as distribution gains and losses
- Tracks execution in mandatory and optional placements
- Oversees the development of annual account business plans
- Collaborates with marketing, finance, production and the sales management team to define an on-premise sales strategy as well as custom programs for the on-premise channel
- Submits required reports and expenses in a timely manner, meets all prescribed deadlines
- Attends chain account promotions and events when necessary
- Attends and participates in divisional and national sales meetings
- Remains aware of inventory levels to ensure product availability to support current programming
- Increases level of wine knowledge through continuous education
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field required
- 7+ years of wine supplier and/or distributor experience in selling wine, building brands, and conducting customer calls
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports and distributors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced skillset with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to navigate the Internet/Intranet and use Nielsen/BDN data for effective business development
- Must possess in-depth working knowledge of wine and the wine industry
- Strategic thinker, strong communicator and negotiator
- Ability to work independently and build relationships
- Ability to manage, create, and track budgets
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle required with an acceptable driving record
- Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed
- This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office
- Required to talk & listen.
- May need to determine color, taste and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose.
- Must be able to lift & carry cases of wine (35 lbs.) to build customer wine displays.
- May be exposed to weather-related temperature & humidity extremes.
- Operates keyboard & mouse.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.