The mission of Data Warehousing team is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. In conjunction with departmental management and the IS leadership team, the position is responsible for transforming siloed data into solutions that provide insights to drive business growth, Customer and Consumer insights, as well as developing strategic working relationships between information systems and the business units supported within the organization. Leads the organization in the successful delivery of Data Warehouse modeling & design and development of Business Intelligence platforms and tools.
- Designs, implements, or operates comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements
- Develops data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction
- Creates plans, test files, and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing
- Creates supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow
- Develops or maintains standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases
- Maps data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts
- Works with the Business Relationship Managers and Program Managers in the creation of Data Warehouse Subject Areas to meet the business needs
- Works with DBA to design and implement warehouse database structures
- Assists with ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the Data Warehouse.
- Works with Business Relationship Managers, Program Managers & User Departments on data alignment, cleansing and automation
- Acts as evangelist for Data Warehouse benefits across the organization; promotes Data Warehouse usage to relevant departments
- Participates in the system implementation of respective systems
- Furthers professional capabilities via publications, industry seminars and networking with other professionals
- Provides second level operational support for the Support Desk team relative to data subjecct areas
- Supports business driven non-project based department and corporate initiatives
- Adheres to standards for procedures and documentation. Also participates in furthering department standards
- Understands system interdepencies and collaborates with project teams accordingly
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
Education: A Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience: 5-7 years work experience in managing data warehouse platforms. Hands-on experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis and support of Data Warehouse initiatives. Hands-on experience with Business Intelligence Design, Tools, and Reporting. Direct experience in implementing data management processes, procedures, data quality management, and decision support. Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes. Experience with database platforms, specifically SQL Server.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, especially SAP Data management. Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools and data modeling tools.
Certificates and Licenses
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.