Hospitality Manager: WineTalent is working with our confidential client in St. Helena, CA, to find an experienced hospitality professional to lead the hospitality team at the winery.
Job Description: Situated in the heart of the Napa Valley, WineTalent’s client is seeking a Hospitality Manager to oversee the staff and manage the guest experience at a busy tasting room on the Silverado Trail. Working with colleagues from the wine club team, the Hospitality Manager will be directing the tasting room, facilitating wine club sign-ups, managing wine sales and overseeing hospitality events. This position will be managing a team of 10 tasting room personnel as well as a few key hospitality support personnel.
- Oversee daily tasting room operations including staffing.
- Handle outreach to business partners including destination management companies, tour providers and wineries.
- Manage wine and non-wine sales including shipping, inventory management and providing top-line customer service when necessary.
- Ensure the tasting room is stocked with all necessary items including stemware, wine supplies, retail goods and related items.
- Market winery’s hospitality program within local community, to wine enthusiasts and to business partners.
- Manage and build VIP and key customer relationships.
- Determine areas where improvement is needed and put systems in place to correct and improve.
- Manage tasting room within annual company budget and periodically make adjustments to maximize profitability
- 2 or more years in a hospitality management position within the wine industry.
- Experience with AMS and Vin65 preferred
- Proven personnel management experience including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, coaching and effectively reviewing performance.
- Solid DTC sales management experience.
- Understanding of government regulations including compliance and consumer shipping regulations.
All applicants and inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.