Under minimal supervision provides technical administrative support and customer service to bottling management staff for the purpose of quality improvement. The Bottling Process Coordinator utilizes our business systems to organize and maintain bottling; quality, development, improvement, reporting and safety programs.
- Develops, writes, and publishes processes and procedures in their assigned area to ensure up-to-date, easy to access documents including FSSC/ISO records to ensure consistent practices relevant to today’s business throughout the department and organization
- Conducts periodic audits with regard to safety, GPS, training, timekeeping, sanitation, cleaning, batch records, and additional needs as directed
- Collaborates with peers to develop systems that streamline and connect processes between their workareas to ensure efficient workflow and avoid redundancy and/or disconnects
- Primary point of contact for data systems and collection for use by bottling personnel; main contact for Information Solutions, Human Resources, Accounting, and outside software vendors
- Creates Excel spreadsheets and reports from quality and efficiency trackers to assist with DOE/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides reports to the bottling department with milestones and opportunties for improvement through data mining and analysis to generate actionable reporting on a daily, weekly, monthly, etc. basis.
- Educates and trains others to ensure an operational understanding of thepolicies and procedures that govern their area of responsibility as well as in support of personnel development
- Supports internal and external audits, as needed
- Serves as subject matter expert for the Bottling Winery Waste Reduction project and the point of contact for the waste hauler, monitoring charges vs. service
- Oversees compliance of bottling safety programs, reporting, and inspections
- With assistance from Bottling Administrator, maintains and updates all training records and requirements, participates in facilitating some training sessions; ensures execution is standard, reviewed, improved and updated
- Review and track bottling department’s CAPEX and non-CAPEX projects by tracking spending and timeline and reporting status to team on progress, document changes and completions
- Provide input to, develop and maintain labor rate information in conjunction with Accounting and Bottling department leadership; verifies and updates labor rates for work centers and routings as needed
- Conducts research and attends webinars, seminars, and courses in their area of expertise and uses gained knowledge to continually improve their knowledge, skills, and abilities.As a trained trainer, provides appropriate follow up training to department personnel
- Provides reporting for department displays/communications of all measures in department common areas, as well as meeting rooms and email passdowns.
- Assists with the maintenance of department’s SharePoint site
- Assists the Bottling Administrator and Bottling Maintenance with maintaining bottling departments Safety Data Sheet (SDS) books
- Supports batch management and recall response efforts
- Provides general administrative support as needed
- Coordinates processes, training, record keeping, and execution with QC departments.
- Acts in a leadership role to cover department managers or supervisors, at any department location, either for for regular operations or for mobile bottling operations.
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college level experience a plus.
- 3+ years of production or process operations experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good familiarity with quality systems, Lean Principles, Continuous Improvement and DOE. Excellent communication skills, organizational ability, problem solving ability and good computer skills.
- Knowledge of or experience with Lean/Six Sigma, FSSC, ISO and other quality related certifications a plus.
High percentage of time spent on the production floor exposed to varying levels of equipment noise and temperature fluctuation based on the seasons.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.