Under minimal supervision, the Legal and Human Resources Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, coordination, and project assistance to the VP & General Counsel and Legal Department, and members of the HR leadership team. Assists the Legal Department with contracts administration (which function also assists the Compliance Department), contracts, litigation management, and other legal matters. Supports the HR team with general administrative duties such as event planning, phone coverage, communication and maintenance of company records. Must be sensitive to confidential matters.
Legal Department (approximately 65%)
- Provides general administrative support, including answering and screening phone calls, opening and distributing mail, drafting and submitting expense reports, developing presentations, documents, and reports, preparing correspondence and memoranda, making reservations, and other administrative tasks as requested
- Works closely with the Staff Attorney to develop, design, and drive execution of knowledge management related tasks; facilitates tracking of contracts, corporate documents, trademark filings by maintaining and overseeing contracts management system and other document repositories; organizes, maintains, and secures legal and other files—including highly confidential files—by improving and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
- Supports the Legal Department in accelerating contract review process and execution, with accurate document word processing (including revisions, formatting, proof reading, finalizing, and similar tasks)
- Works closely with the Staff Attorney to prepare and file domestic trademark filings at the U.S. Trademark Office and, under the supervision of the Staff Attorney, will do some U.S. trademark clearance work
- Updates and maintains a variety of dockets and data systems, including litigation and trademark related matters
- Facilitates successful meetings by preparing and maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly calendars and arranging and scheduling meetings; organizes and executes all facets of meetings, including preparation of task lists, agendas, requesting necessary information of participants, collecting and sorting data, and preparing presentations; secures meetings space and prepares room for meetings, including set up of electronics, beverage and food service, paper tablets, and writing utensils
- Coordinates trade organization matters and travel planning, including execution of travel and accommodations
- Conducts legal research and fact verification
- Assists the VP & General Counsel with Mergers/Acquisitions projects, including organizing and tracking document review and other due diligence
Human Resources (approximately 35%)
- Administers the employee milestone and award program
- Coordinates and collects ISO and safety documents
- Organizes company events such as, but not limited to: staff meetings, training, milestone lunches and All Employee Meetings. Coordinates logistics and ensures timely, clear communication of such events.Collaborates with other departments as needed
- Assists with the production of communication such as press releases, FAQs, and the employee newsletter.
- Occasionally acts as back-up for reception desk and phone coverage
- Assists training department with general administrative duties, including assigning and monitoring online training courses
- May be assigned occasional special projects
- Provides support for other projects as needed
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Political Science, or related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience providing administrative support to an executive and/or divisional group
- Wine Industry Experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong writing skills, including familiarity with legal contract terminology and contract function
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting legal documents
- Strong word processing skills and intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel
Certificates and Licenses
Paralegal Certification or other legal training a plus but not required.
This is an office based position.
- Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
- Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
- Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
- Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. #ZR
Delicato Family Vineyards offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Vineyards is an Equal Opportunity Employer.