WineTalent is working with our client, ADAMVS, to find an experienced hospitality professional to lead the estate relations role at the winery on Howell Mountain in Angwin, CA.
Among the great hillside and mountain-grown Cabernet Sauvignons of the New World, Howell Mountain is legendary for the profound structure and sophistication of its wines. It is an area so unique that it became the first sub-appellation designated entirely within Napa Valley. Located on the high slopes of Howell Mountain, ADAMVS is dedicated to honoring this renowned terroir and crafting timeless mountain-grown Cabernet Sauvignon.
The proprietors discovered the idyllic property that would become ADAMVS in 2008. In its mosaic of five vineyard sites, iron-rich red soils, ideal elevation and diversity of vineyard exposures, they saw the perfect convergence of geology and geography. To realize the promise of ADAMVS, and the goal of establishing a new benchmark for excellence on Howell Mountain, they gathered together a small team of the industry’s finest and most passionate individuals, including Philippe Melka and Mike Wolf to cultivate the mountainside vineyard organically and biodynamically and forge personal relationships with each partner, member and connoisseur who has embarked on this journey.
The Estate Relations candidate would ideally have a breadth of experience in hospitality, member relations, allocation management, and event planning that will immediately inspire the confidence of the team. We seek a professional who has a service heart, gracious, mature, and an outstanding background in authentic, personalized, high touch hospitality experiences and member relations.
- Provide guests an intimate experience at the winery, including a guided tour of the property and a seated tasting of the estate’s wines.
- Establishing and managing business relationships with luxury partners.
- Booking tours and tastings.
- Management of wine allocations and mailing list.
- Fulfillment of orders.
- Relationship development and management of VIP clients.
- Excellent attention to detail in all business dealings including site preparation, guest tours, correspondence, communications with guests and periodic post-visit follow-up.
- A true appreciation and understanding of fine wine with a global perspective on wine, food and hospitality.
- Past management of the hospitality experience at an ultra-premium winery including order fulfillment.
- Experience in managing a highly curated mailing list and hosting those guests on-site.
- Strong business partner relationships within the Napa Valley and within the wine, food and hospitality industry.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and self-managed.
- Good teamwork skills and a desire to work with the entire organization in a collaborative and productive manner.
- Poise and grace with a true love of terroir, agriculture, enology and hospitality.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, communications or related discipline.
- An appreciation of arts, culture, travel, language and related areas is highly desirable.
All applicants and inquiries will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.